Vision & Objectives
The vision of the Global AMR R&D Hub is to be a key actor having an integrating role in global R&D for AMR, by:
- Bringing together governments and foundations from different world regions, with different research potential and funding priorities, in order to combat the global health threat of AMR.
- Setting the focus on addressing global R&D priorities while respecting domestic and organizational priorities.
- Promoting high-level coordination and alignment of existing public and private funding and activities and leveraging much needed further monetary and other investments for AMR R&D initiatives on a national and/or international level.
The main objectives of the GLOBAL AMR R&D HUB are to:
- inform high-level decision makers on R&D pipelines and other relevant aspects of AMR R&D, in order to identify and prioritise R&D gaps and help focus high-level decision-making,
- facilitate the efficient allocation of resources,
- promote increased investments into push and pull incentives for AMR R&D in order to maximize the impact of national and international research activities,
- foster international research collaboration among different partners globally, including industry and academia,
- support the filling of product pipelines with priority candidates, using an appropriate mix of incentives, with a view to the development of deployable products, while recognizing the importance of access, prudent use, and stewardship,
- inform policy makers on AMR R&D and keep attention on AMR at high political levels,
- raise and maintain public awareness and visibility through communication of the work of the GLOBAL AMR R&D HUB and its results.