Board of Members
The Global AMR R&D Hub is steered by a Board of Members. All Members and Observers (not voting) have a seat on the Board.
The Board takes decisions on questions central to the operation of the Global AMR R&D Hub such as:
- applications from countries or organisations to join the Global AMR R&D Hub;
- the work plan of the Hub;
- reports, opinions and information to be released on behalf of the Hub;
- creation or closure of Expert Advisory Groups;
- changes to the founding document of the Hub, the Terms of Reference;
- recruitment and dismissal of the Secretariat Lead.
The Board elects a chair and a vice-chair. They should come from different regions of the world. Their term of office is two years. The Board of Members meets face-to-face at least once a year, holds teleconferences in between and communicates through electronic means.
How to become a Member or Observer of the Global AMR R&D Hub?
Membership is open to G20 and non-G20 countries as well as to nongovernmental donor organisations investing in R&D on AMR (e.g. philanthropic foundations). Countries or organisations that are interested to join the Global AMR R&D Hub should send a letter to the Secretariat of the Global AMR R&D Hub in which they explain how their country or organisation addresses the criteria.
- to take visible, significant and measurable action, according to national capacities, to strengthen R&D for AMR, alone and/or jointly with national or international partners;
- to take part in the activities of the GLOBAL AMR R&D HUB and to attend the Board meetings;
- to convey relevant information for the implementation of the GLOBAL AMR R&D HUB, as appropriate.
Members are expected:
- to be supporting, financially or otherwise, into AMR R&D projects and/or infrastructures immediately or over time alone and/or jointly with national or international partners;
- to advocate nationally and globally towards other countries and donor organisations for participation in the GLOBAL AMR R&D HUB and increased investments in AMR R&D.
|The Global AMR R&D Hub Board of Members|
|Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation|
|United States of America*|
|* G20 members|
|Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)|
|Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)|
|World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)|
|World Health Organization (WHO)|